Thursday, May 14, 2009

Why has my house not sold, yet?

Whether your home has been on the market for a week or a year, there is a buyer for your home. The problem we are seeing right now is it's a buyers market, which means a buyer wants the best value, or they will move on to something else.
Your home has to be at its very best, or at least in the top 10% of the homes in your price range and/or town. I am not just pulling this number out of the sky, it is what is referred to as the absorption rate.
Right now in the town of Rochester, NH the absorbtion rate is roughly 10% over the past year. Now what this means is that in any given price range only 10% of the homes are selling, the rest are remaining on the market. To simplify things further; If your house is in a price range/area with 40 other homes. There are enough buyers out there right now to buy 4 of those homes a month. So, out of the 40 homes that are on the market in that price range every month, yours has to be in the top 4, or you won't get it sold, let alone, an offer.
If you truly need to get your home sold, and have the motivation to do what it takes, make your home one of the top 10% of the homes out there. (I have very detailed information that I provide to all of my sellers to make sure they know what it takes to be in that top 10%, and I help them achieve it.)

***Note that the numbers I have given are for Rochester, NH only. These numbers will vary from town to town. If you would like to know the absorption rates for your town. Please feel free to contact me.

No comments: